Thursday, June 26, 2008

Walls

I think I’ve learned to mend my heart
With just glue and duct tape
Disappointment has struck its inmost parts;
Its wholeness has been raped.

You wonder why I build these walls
With brick and cement blocks;
But against strong storms
I must survive,
I need a solid rock.

What happens when a woman’s heart
For love anticipating,
Is told that it is not enough,
She’s wasted her time waiting?

This pain should not be present now
Forget the past once dated;
But these wounds and lies they still exist
Deep embedded and ingrained in-
The very makings of my heart
You may have found alluring;
But I wonder if they still exist
What is left you may find boring

I hate this world with all its lies
So simple and deceiving;
Take advantage of one’s hopefulness
Manipulate it to disbelieving.
Use me and abuse me
Stain me with your sin;
Then act like it didn’t happen
In front of others, just pretend.

So now they look down on me
Crediting me for what you did;
But you didn’t want to take the blame
So in your shame you hid.
The earth’s weight on my shoulders
Decisions must be made
Can’t I just be a young girl again?
Back in the 1st grade?
When I didn’t know what reality was
Where all I did was smile;
Sometimes I go there in my dreams
And rest there for awhile.
I just can’t do this on my own
Life’s a game I cannot win
Praise God I hear His loving voice
Beckoning me again.
“Come to me my beautiful child,
Let me hold you in my arms.
You know I want what’s best for you,
I’ll keep you safe from harm.
And with these trials
And inward storms-
Open your eyes, awake!
I’m transforming you more
Into the likeness of my Son
It’s all for my Name’s sake.”

No comments: