Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Woman's Heart

Tell me that I’m beautiful
Even if it’s not true;
I’m looking for my worth right now
Can it be found in you?

Tell me that you love me
Even if it’s through clenched teeth;
The silence now is deafening
I need some rest and peace.

Tell me that you need me
Like this drought needs the rain;
Hold me tight and kiss me
Take away this pain.

Tell me you’ll protect me
And always keep me safe;
That even for one day with me
You’d do whatever it takes.

Tell me that you want me
Like a traveler wants his home;
Look at me with loving eyes
Don’t let me be alone.

Tell me that I am enough
No other girl will do;
And your life was once forever changed
The day that I met you.

Tell me it’s forever
That you’re always here to stay;
Tell me you’ll come after me
If I ever run away.

Tell me that I’m beautiful
I need those words from you;
My heart is in your hands right now
Be careful what you do.

No comments: